Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What Are They Doing, Anyway?

I decided to call this blog "Everyone Else is Doing It ..." for several reasons.

First, I can be spectacularly uncreative at times and nothing better came to mind - for similar lack of inspiration, see the web address.

Second, one of the main reasons I decided to write a blog is because I have been a lurker on so many weight loss blogs over the last year and I felt like I wanted to participate a little more actively.

And finally, once I started thinking about the title, I realized that it actually does have a bit of deeper meaning, even if found accidentally. One of the main themes of this blog is going to be weight loss and my continuing slow but steady efforts to achieve it. You, dear reader, are joining me on this weight loss journey approximately 30-40 pounds in (due to the incredible slowness of the journey accurate record keeping is difficult). I have about the same amount left to lose. One of the realizations that I have come to during this process is that I had accepted that being a healthy weight and living a healthy lifestyle were things I simply could not do - that somehow I was predestined to be overweight and there was no hope of being any other way, so why bother? I am working on challenging this belief and creating a new belief that I can be whatever I choose to be and live however I choose to live.

I'm hoping that this blog will help me in this and I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes me.

2 comments:

Clyde Brown said...

Isn't blogging fun? Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging! I know mine has really help keep me accountable while I've been trying to lose the weight.