Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pleasing Other People

In pursuit of the above goal I have spent a hell of a lot time, energy & money in 2007, and every year before that, come to think of it.

And they are not pleased, are they? No they are not.

I'm toying with the idea that you could probably trace at least half of these extra pounds I'm carrying to cookies, chocolates, drinks, extra helpings, and other "treats" that I have indulged in as a quick, effortless way to please myself after most of my energy has already been expended on others. Kind of a misguided way to satisfy the need for self-care. I wonder if I would still need to indulge in these "treats" if I had treated myself with as much consideration and respect as I treat others?

Or am I just feeling particularly unappreciated and annoyed tonight? Quite possibly.

Either way, I think I'm going to make myself a hot chocolate.

No comments: