Sunday, January 6, 2008

A New Start

My New Year's start has gotten off rather slowly. I slept in late yesterday due to staying up until 2:00 a.m. reading and didn't make it to Saturday morning Weight Watchers. I can't say this was entirely accidental, I was more than happy to have an excuse to put off facing the numbers for another week. Then I decided to just weigh myself at home today and not put it off any longer, but those good intentions were foiled by the "Low Battery" reading on my scale. Before it konked out it had climbed to about 220 -- let's just hope it was going to stop there, shall we? That wouldn't be so bad, given the kind of serious bad eating I've been doing lately. Even this half-assed weigh-in has made me feel a bit more on track and accountable. I can feel the resolve and energy starting to creep back and the New Year's excitement finally making itself shown. I will go swimming this afternoon and try to keep it rolling through the week.

No comments: