Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back

Just because I've dropped out of the blog-o-sphere doesn't mean things have been off the rails - at least not the whole time anyway.

The weight is still coming off - currently I'm at 204.8 lbs.

The weight issue has been eclipsed of late by a back problem which has been causing severe pain and limitation to my ability to get around. I was even off work for a few weeks and I'm now back part-time.

Prior to that, work was so crapping busy and overwhelming that I lost the ability to do anything except obsess, worry and dream about it. This kind of commitment to anxiety and compulsion doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging.

I've been thinking lately about trying to recapture some of the things I used to enjoy when I was more myself. One of them was writing. As is true of a lot of things in my life, my writing has fallen victim to that severe internal clever critic that just won't stand for the kind of crap in the above paragraphs. But I'm going to try and turn that voice off and just bang it out, damn it. And to hell with it.

So I hope I will be back here more often, losing weight, bitching and moaning, and having some fun while I'm at it. Hope to see you around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. We're thrilled to have Sadie finally arrive.

Looks like you're doing really well with your weight loss even if you did just have a slight hiccup in the road. All you have to do is just keep on doing it, one day at a time.

best wishes!!