Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Still here

I weighed in at 205 lbs again this Saturday, which is better than I expected.

I followed it up immediately by taking on the buffet at a wedding with some serious gusto.

So, things are still not exactly on track but I have at least decided on a new strategy, which is really the old strategy that I forgot about when I got so excited about the 200 mark being in reach.

In a word: Slow.

I have been steadily losing about 15 lbs a year for the last 3 years. This glacial pace works for me. It involves frequent bouts of wine drinking, chocolate eating, and carb bingeing along with the veggies and lean meats. It is definitely not the recommended Weight Watchers approach, and I can't say that I recommend it either. But, it's the only thing I seem to be able to do with any consistency, probably because it doesn't require any consistency.

But somehow, when I saw the 190's in reach, I decided I needed to sprint. The frustration and the over-eating that followed has quickly reminded me that sprinting is not going to work for me in the long term. So, I'm back to the snail's pace, and my new goal is 204 lbs. If I get there this week, great. If not, next week is fine.

No comments: